Shot All To Hell: Jesse James, the Northfield Raid, and the Wild West’s Greatest Escape
by Mark Lee Gardner
Published: July 2013
- HistoryNet.com review from May 2013
- HistoricalNovelSociety.org review from August 2013
- New York Times review from September 2013
- SouthernMinn.com review from September 2013
- Washington Post review from October 2013
- New York Journal of Books review
- Kirkus review
From the publisher:
“Shot All to Hell by Mark Lee Gardner recounts the thrilling life of Jesse James, Frank James, the Younger brothers, and the most famous bank robbery of all time.
Follow the Wild West’s most celebrated gang of outlaws as they step inside Northfield’s First National Bank and back out on the streets to square off with heroic citizens who risked their lives to defend justice in Minnesota.
With compelling details that chronicle the two-week chase that followed—the near misses, the fateful mistakes, and the bloody final shootout on the Watonwan River, Shot All to Hell is a galloping true tale of frontier justice from the author of To Hell on a Fast Horse: The Untold Story of Billy the Kid and Pat Garrett, Mark Lee Gardner.”